B.A Programme Association 2015-16
The B.A Programme Association of Shaheed Bhagat Singh College organized the following events during the session 2015-16:-
- Essay writing competition on 28th September 2015 on the topic "Student politics and modern youth" . More than 50 students participated in the event.
- The inaugural function of the association was organised on 9th october 2015.All the freshers were welcomed by HOD Dr. kamlesh kumari and other faculty members.Office bearers were also appointed for the session.
- 0n 18th January 2016, a talk on 'Cancer awareness' was delivered by Dr. Abhishek shankar (AIIMS), who is a senior Professor in Oncology department at AIIMS.
- On 23rd February, a talk on "Preparation of Civil Services" was delivered by Dr. Arun Kumar Attree, Asst. Professor of the college and who has qualified UPSC. More than 200 students benefitted from this talk.
- On 24th February, A seminar was organised on the topic" working of Indian Parliament" by Prof. M.P Singh, Former Head of Political science and Dean of social sciences,University of Delhi.More than 250 students along with the faculty members benefitted.
- The students organised their annual fest VIVIDH for the first time, on 8th march, on the occasion of International women's Day.The chief guest was Dr. Vartika Nanda who is a well renowned media activist and a prison reformer.
To celebrate womenhood, two documentaries were screened one was on the history of international Women's day and another on women empowerment prepared by Md. Shahvaz and Niharika Sharda.After this,the following three inter college competitions were organised namely, debate competition(Topic: are indian laws capable for women security),Creative writing competition(Topic:Women and services) and poster making competition(Topic: Environmental Security).
For conducting all these events the following office bearers: Badal Thakur (President), Azad Alam (Vice-President), Niharika Sharda (Secretary),Poonam Rawat (Joint-Secretary), Akash and the volunteers worked in close coordination with the Convenor Dr. Kamlesh Kumari and Co-convenor Dr. Deepa v.
B.A Programme Association 2016-17
B.A Programme Association organised the following events in this session:-
- An Essay writing competition was organised on the topic ''independent india-2016: Issues and Challenges on 22 August 2016.About 70 students participated in the event.
- The inaugural function of the association was organised on 23rd September 2016.All the freshers were welcomed by HOD Dr. kamlesh kumari and other faculty members.Office bearers were also appointed for the session.
0n this occasion, a talk on ''The role of youth in Indian democracy'' was held.The chief speakers were Shri priyadarshan, veteran journalist and senior editor of NDTV India and Dr. B.L Nanda, Associate Prof. department of pol. science, Miranda house.
- A workshop on Anti-corruption and public participation was organised on 3rd November 2016 by the officials of Airport authourity of India ltd.More than 150 students and faculty members benefitted.
- A workshop on ''cyber security: safety and security'' was also organised on 8th November 2016 by Mr. Rakshit Tandon, Cyber security expert.About 200 students benefitted from this workshop.
Various other events such as workshops,talks,fest, farewell have to be organised in this semester as well.
The following office bearers : Azad Alam (President), Priyanka singh (Vice-President), Shivam(Secretary), Sakshi Gupta and other volunteers have been working with Convenor Dr. kamlesh kumari and co-convenor Dr. Deepa v.