1. The candidates seeking admission to any of the courses at undergraduate level are required to register themselves for admission online by logging on to Delhi University Website, i.e., www.du.ac.in
2. Candidates belonging to all categories will have to register online for admissions. The various
categories are as follows:
a. UR, OBC, SC, ST, PwD, Kashmiri Migrants, CW (Children/Wards of the Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel), admission of wards of college/university employees, admission on Sports basis and admission on Extra Curricular Activities (ECA) basis.
3. The detailed guidelines in this regard are given on University of Delhi Website, i.e.,www.du.ac.inThe candidates must check the University website and website of Shaheed Bhagat
Singh College, i.e. www.sbsc.in for cut-offs for different courses.The candidates who meet the requisite cut-off should log on to the DU web portal and select college/course where he/she wants to take admission and meets the desired cut-offs. The candidate will take the print out of the form and proceed to the college for verification of mark-sheet, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the course and verification of other documents. After this, the college will approve the admission on the DU web portal and the candidate will be required to deposit the fee online.
Eligibility Requirement for Admission
The College will follow the guidelines issued by the University of Delhi for the calculation of best of 4 subjects percentage for admission to Honours and Programme courses. For details, please visit university website i.e. www.du.ac.in
- The college will deduct 3 % for change of stream for admission to B.A. Programme i.e. from Science to Humanities / from commerce to Humanities.
- Candidates who could not take admission in a cut-off list can be considered for admission in the immediate next cut-off list only on the last date of admission, subject to availability of seats.
- For boards, like International Baccalaureate, whose results are declared late, candidates may be considered in whichever cut-off list their result is declared, subject to availability of seats and provided the candidate had completed the online registration process.
- The College shall strictly follow the university guidelines with respect to gap year policy. Gap year(s) would be no bar for the purpose of admission to the undergraduate courses.
- The last date of admission for all undergraduate courses will be as noticed by University of Delhi.
LIST OF APPROVED BOARDS
The College shall accept the class X and class XII certificates of the following Boards of Secondary and Senior Secondary Education in India as noticed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Council for Indian School Certicate Examination (ISCE)
- National Open School (NIOS)
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Hyderabad – 500001
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Intermediate Hyderabad – 500001
- Assam Board of Secondary Education, Guwahati – 781021
- Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Guwahati – 781021
- Bihar School Examination Board, Patna 800017
- Bihar Intermediate Education Council, Patna 800001
- Goa Board of Secondary& Higher Secondary Education, Goa- 403521
- Gujarat Secondary Education Board, Sector 10-B, Gandhi Nagar – 382043
- Haryana Board of Education, Hansi Road, Bhiwani – 125021
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education, Dharamsala – 176216
- J&K State Board of School Education, Rehari Colony, Jammu – 180005
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Bangalore – 560003
- Karnataka Board of the pre-University Education Bangalore – 560001
- Kerala Kerala Board of Public Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram – 695012
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 411010
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Bhopal – 462011
- Manipur Board of Secondary Education, Imphal – 795001
- Manipur Council of Higher Secondary Education, Imphal – 795001
- Meghalaya Board of School Education, Meghalaya – 794102
- Mizoram Board of School Education, Aizawl – 796012
- Nagaland Board of School Education, Post Box, 98, Kohima – 767001
- Orissa Board of Secondary Education, Bajrakabati Road, Cuttack – 753001
- Orissa Council of Higher Secondary Education, Bhubaneswar – 751955
- Punjab School Education Board, Mohali – 160059
- Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer – 305001
- Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education, Department of Govt. Examinations, Chennai – 600006
- Tamil Nadu Board of Higher Secondary Education, College Road, Chennai – 600006
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education, Agartala, Tripura West – 799006
- U.P. Board of High School & Intermediate Education, Allahabad – 211001
- West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education Calcutta – 700091
However, the candidates are advised to refer to the University website in this regard.